How Our Services Work
Our services are designed to provide a hyper-local message board experience that lets any user explore, create, and participate in conversations with other users around them. Users can then, over time, accumulate experiences from their discovery (specific conversations, specific places, specific users) that they can keep up with wherever they are.
Information We Collect
We may collect your personal data and other information from you in the following circumstances:
Personal Data You Provide. We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide this information to us, such as when you such as when you register for access to our services, contact us with inquiries, link your accounts, respond to offers from third parties, respond to surveys, or authorize us to contact third parties on your behalf. Personal data that you voluntarily provide may include your username, your name, email address, phone number, profile photos, or links to other social media profiles.
Other Information We Collect.
- Non-Identifiable Data. When you interact our service, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store this information itself or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by our agents or service providers. Our services may use this information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers. It is important to note that your personal data is not is available or used in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the personal data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Location Information. Our services often require to collect and use your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device) in order to surface to you content posted nearby, and allow you to post content that is location-relevant to other users. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described below in the “Aggregated or De-Identified” section. If you choose to enable our location features, some of your relative location information (as connected to content you post) may be publicly displayed within our service. We do not share your exact location to other users. Your location may be inferred sometimes if you specifically tag a post to a specific address or establishment. We may also offer you the ability to deliberately send your exact location to other users by using a map pin. We do, however, share the distance between the location of your posted content and the location of other users viewing that content. Please keep in mind that other users can see this information about the content you post, and they may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities outside of our control and without your knowledge. Your location information may be subject to abuse, misuse, and monitoring by others, so please be careful if you choose to enable location functionality and how much you choose to disclose about your exact location.
- Mobile Information. You are able to download our mobile app through the Apple App Store for iOS. When you use our mobile app, we collect from your mobile device a unique identification number. When you use certain features of our mobile app, we may collect information about your location to provide you with location-based services and information. Many devices allow you to turn off location services, but if you do so, you may be unable to use all the features of our services.
- Action Tags. We may use action tags (also called pixel tags, clear GIF, or beacons) to identify some of the webpages that you visit on our site and how you use the content on those pages. Action tags may also be placed in advertisements that third parties serve on our behalf on our website or third party websites. Action tags may collect and transmit data in a way that identifies you personally if you have registered with our website, or are logged into our website. We may also use action tags in our emails, to determine if you opened the email or forwarded it to another person. We use action tags in our mobile app if you are accessing websites from links in our mobile app. These may identify the pages that you visit and how you use the content on those pages.
How We Use Your Information
How We Can Disclose Your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal data. We consider this to be a vital part of our relationship with you. We commit that if we share your data, it will be only in the following circumstances.
- You’ve Asked Us To Share. We may share your data where you have consented or otherwise given us permission to share your data. We will not share your personal information, including your phone number or email, with third party product providers without your express consent. Note that if you decide to pursue an offer from a third party product provider, you may be asked to provide information directly to that provider, including your personal data. Using our services does not require that you provide any information directly to such providers, unless you wish to.
- Aggregated or De-Identified. Although we will not share your personal information, including your phone number or email, without your consent, we may share information that is aggregated or de-identified, so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers to permit them to provide services that are more relevant to you.
- With Third Parties Needed to Provide Our Services. We may share your information with third party service providers who we use in delivering our service. Examples include providers who provide us with technology services such as hosting providers, identity verification, support, payment, and email service providers. We provide these providers with only the information they need to perform the specific function. For example, we may use third parties to gather your information from your financial institutions.
- Legal Rights. We may share your information if required by applicable law or legal process, or if we believe it is in accordance with applicable law or legal process. This can include protecting the rights, property and safety of our company, our users and the public, including, for example, in connection with court proceedings, or to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or to establish our rights or defend against legal claims.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
Updating or Deleting Your Data
If you need to update your personal data, please contact us at [email protected] We will take reasonable steps to update or correct your personal data in our possession that you have previously submitted through our services.
You can also choose to not provide us with personal information, but you may not be able to use some of our services. You may terminate your account with us at any time in the Dolo app, or by submitting a request to [email protected] Please note that we may retain your personal data and other information beyond the end of your relationship with us in accordance with our internal record-keeping policies and with applicable law, including to comply with legal reporting obligations.
Unsolicited Information Not Covered
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases, subject to applicable law.
Links to Other Websites or Services
Integrating Social Networking Services
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
Our Terms of Service
Your access to and use of our services is also subject to our Terms of Service.
Changes to This Policy
You may contact us by email at [email protected], or by mail at Tea Time Labs, Inc., 4304 18th St, #429, San Francisco, CA 94114-0429.